The NOW waiver program offers services and supports to individuals to enable them to remain living in their own or family home and participate or live independently in the community.
Goals for participants in the NOW program, which serves individuals with less intensive needs than those in the COMP program, include:
- Avoiding the need for more intensive services.
- Increasing independence and quality of life of individuals with ID/DD.
- Increasing the flexibility of service planning and delivery to meet exact individual needs.
- Providing the opportunity for all participants to elect to direct their services to the extent that they choose.
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of NOW participants.
For more information, check out the FACT SHEET for the New Options Waiver Program (NOW) Medicaid Waiver below.