The COMP waiver program, which serves individuals with more intensive needs, primarily provides residential care for individuals with ID/DD. These individuals require comprehensive and intensive services and need out-of-home residential support and supervision or intensive levels of in-home services to remain in the community.
Goals for participants in the COMP program include:
- Avoiding the need for institutional placement.
- Increasing independence and quality of life of individuals with ID/DD who have intensive or comprehensive support needs.
- Facilitating the transition of institutionalized individuals to community living.
- Offering opportunities statewide for participant direction by waiver participants who have intensive or comprehensive support needs.
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of COMP program participants.
Read more about the program by viewing the Fact Sheet below: